Microsoft just released the Hotfix Package 7 for App-V 5.1. The Hotfix is titled as December 2016 servicing release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack and can be downloaded here: KB3198158
The following Issues were fixed in HF7 for App-V 5.1:
- Group-specific functionality is incorrectly made available to other groups if the Optional feature is used.
- Using Dynamic Virtualization, file handles are not closed when a shell extension is unloaded. This issue can cause Explorer.exe to keep DLL file handles after a shell extension unloads them. This can block upgrade of the shell extension.
- After the first-time sync of a Connection Group (CG) on the device, newly added packages to the CG are not enabled.
- When you install the App-V Server management database (DB) by using SQL scripts, an SQL error is reported. The workaround that was first documented in App-V 5.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is now incorporated into the SQL scripts to eliminate this error.
- The FullVFSWriteMode tag in a Sequencer template is ignored.
- On the Server Management console, applying an action to a filtered subset of packages actually applies the action to all packages.
Additionally, HF7 brings the following Improvements:
- The App-V Client, RDS, and Server now have the same build number.
There will also be a full Installer available, which can be requested at Microsoft.
I’m really excited, that the SQL Issue has finally been fixed. The Workaround with modifying the SQL Scripts, when not using the Installer to setup the Database, is no longer necessary. However, you will need to request the updated Installer that contains HF7, if you’re going to do a new installation.