Microsoft has released the Hotfix Package 9 for App-V 5.1, which is titled “June 2017 Servicing Release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack” and pushes App-V to version 220.127.116.11. The Hotfix can be downloaded here: KB4018510
The following Issues were fixed in HF09 for App-V 5.1:
- The Office Click2Run macro functionality does not work correctly with enterprise App-V virtualization.
- When two or more packages in the same connection group have “Any Version” selected, and the connection group is upgraded at the same time, the packages are not published to the user.
- A race condition exists between the App-V catalog manager and the profile roaming service. This condition is now fixed by a new registry key that controls the waiting period for the App-V catalog manager to allow any third-party profile roaming service to be completed.
- The Office Outlook search functionality does not work correctly.
- App-V Hotfix 7 fixed an issue in which a function of the Connection Group Optional feature was broken. After the hotfix was issued, we received reports that the PackageGroups registry hive consumes a lot of space in installations that involve App-V connection groups on RDS computers. A modified fix in the latest hotfix release significantly reduces the registry space that is used by the Connection Group Optional feature. It does this by grouping user settings based on the effective group that a user belongs to, instead of by individual users.
- The App-V and UE-V Clients are “in-box” starting in the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Version 1607). The “in-box” App-V client continues to use the App-V 5.1 Server.
- Fixes that are delivered to the “out-of-box” versions of App-V and UE-V are first delivered for the “in-box” versions of App-V and UE-V in the monthly Windows 10 cumulative updates.
- We recommend that you test fixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new servicing release contains all the fixes (including security fixes) that were included in the previous update package. We recommend that you apply the latest servicing release.
More details can be found in the official Knowledge-Base Article.