Microsoft has released the Hotfix Package 10 for App-V 5.1, which is titled “September 2017 Servicing Release for Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack”. This Hotfix pushes App-V to version 22.214.171.124 and can be downloaded here.
The following Issues were fixed in HF10 for App-V 5.1:
- Duplicated handles are not managed correctly and cause the virtual application to crash.
- The life cycle of the effective group registry entries are not maintained correctly.
- The App-V and UE-V Clients are “in-box” starting in the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Version 1607). The “in-box” App-V client continues to use the App-V 5.1 Server.
- Fixes that are delivered to the “out-of-box” versions of App-V and UE-V are first delivered for the “in-box” versions of App-V and UE-V in the monthly Windows 10 cumulative updates.
- We recommend that you test fixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new servicing release contains all the fixes (including security fixes) that were included in the previous update package. We recommend that you apply the latest servicing release.
More details can be found in the official Knowledge-Base Article.